6.10.2009

Summer Reading

Libby here again. So everyone knows I am a very avid reader. I absolutely adore books and the unknown worlds they have to offer me. Right now I am in my children's literature class which is the perfect class for me. I am required to read great books and discuss them in class which happens to be one of my very favorite things to do. If I could just be a literature teacher I would (I can't teach English because I can't inflict the pain of writing papers on anyone). The class is only 7 weeks long which has kept me busily reading almost everyday. A few books I have read and loved recently are Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan and The Devil's Arithmetic by Jane Yolen:

These two books are great reads that I would recommend to anyone of any age. I have also had a huge assignment that I have been working on little by little. My task is to complete a book bibliography of about 40 books in all different categories. My favorite to compile was the old favorites list. I went back to my favorite books from my childhood which are:

If I didn't already have an addiction to books and reading I absolutely do now! My class is nearing completion and I'm actually kind of sad about it. I could do this kind of work forever and never be sad. But I guess that's why I want to be a teacher. Public school here I come!

No comments: