8.19.2008

Chef Josh and Chef Libby


This summer Libby and I have tried to expand our culinary horizons. Now, we still love mac and cheese and cold cereal, but we decided to make some"real food" and we were thrilled with the results.

Tonight we made Monte Cristo sandwiches. If you're a disney fan, you know these from the Blue Bayou restaurant at Disneyland. (I've had them there twice.)  I discovered they cost a LOT less at home! 

A Monte Cristo sandwich is a ham and swiss cheese sandwich, battered and fried, similar to french toast.  It's dusted with powdered sugar and eaten with jam, we used raspberry.  We made some fried potatoes with garlic and onion and herbs, with a green salad.  Feast your eyes on this:



Last week, we used the trusty Better Homes and Gardens website to find a recipe for spicy grilled pork chops.  They were SOO good, and I have to say that I'm  pretty good on the grill. We made lemon herb rice and sauteed fresh summer vegetables. 

It was such a nice night we pulled our table out to our backyard patio and ate in the cool air with a candle and twinkling lights.  We loved it.











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute! I especially love the outside effect with your lights :) and I'm glad you guys can cook!

Stephanie said...

Next time you make some cool meal invite me over! :)

Josie said...

hey cous looks fun, check out my new blog, keep in touch. your house looks cute.