8.24.2008

Camping With the Tenneys

When Josh and I registered for our wedding gifts we registered for a tent. Thankfully we got our fun little Eddie Bauer tent, we needed it this weekend. Josh's brothers all go camping each summer with the kids and he was married this year and invited to go. We couldn't wait! Everyone was pretty busy but we found two nights that all 4 families could be up the canyon. Our first plan was AF canyon, but it was full so we headed up past Kamas to the Uintah Mountains. My family has camped up at Mirror Lake many times but Josh's family hadn't. I was so excited and felt really cool that I could show all of them Mirror Lake. By the top picture you can see how the lake got it's name!
Whenever I go camping I need a sweatshirt and really warm clothes. I get super cold at night, but guess the one thing I forgot? Yep, that's right-a sweatshirt. Josh let me use his long sleeve shirt which was doubled over a short sleeve. Don't you love my hot socks with my flip flops? I do! Ha ha if you have ever been campin' with the Hall clan you know that this is the popular fashion-wear anything to stay warm.
Jason and Chris' families couldn't come up until Saturday afternoon so Josh and I spent most of our time with Brad and his boys. We had a blast messing around with them. They are so fun and smart and just so fun to be around. I didn't really know them very well until this trip and now we are good friends. They are awesome!
The Provo River Falls is a popular picture taking moment and we decided to stop there. Brad threw on his fishing gear just in case...lol. We took some fun pictures and got right in the water. Josh probably didn't know he landed the adventurous type of wife until I was half way into glacial water. I love getting out there to just play. Swimming in rivers and lakes is another inherited Hall tradition. This time I left my clothes on ;)

As you can see from these two pictures we went out on the lake. We drove down to Samak Smoke House and rented a canoe. Josh and I had a great time out on the water. I got nervous when it started to rain hard and the wind was tossing the canoe. I made Josh go back to shore until the storm passed. Once it had, we went back out and had a really fun time.

The falls were so beautiful that I decided to end with this fun picture. Jamen took this picture of us right before we kicked our shoes off and jumped in! Thanks Jamen! You ROCK!
As you can tell from the pictures, we had a really fun time. Next time Josh and I will have to do a better job of preparing (thanks for saving us Brad!). Despite the things we forgot and the really hard ground our trip was a major success. Married for 3 months, with little camping experience and we survived and even made it home without any injuries. We can't wait until next year!

1 comment:

The Batty Bunch said...

My most favorite part of this post is the flip flops with socks. HEHE ;)