2.23.2008

What happens in Vegas...

J: I have a new motto for the city of Las Vegas: "What happens in Vegas...is recorded by the Angels in Heaven." That's right, Libby and I are posting from Sin City. On Wednesday night we had rehearsal for our show (Power in His Touch) with my sister Katie and Jared Young. Jared is a Young Ambassador and he told us he had a show on Friday night in Vegas - so naturally we quickly planned a last-minute road trip!

L: I was shocked that Josh was doing something so spontaneous! I have been waiting eight months to see this side of him. We all had work and school today before we left so today was slightly stressful. An added plus this weekend besides the shows, Turnberry, and fun was that we invited our suave friend Michael Dubois. He almost couldn't come but by a few small tender mercies from the Lord the four of us made it all the way out here.

J: On the drive down I had the singular experience of pulling over a cop! He was driving in front of me, and he started slowing down and flashing his lights! I had to slow down and when he put on his blinker it seemed like he wanted me to follow him to the side of the road. When I got there, he rolled down his window and told me he was just turning around. Very strange..but I'm taking credit for pulling over a cop.

We're staying at a luxurious Turnberry Towers in the heart of Las Vegas, thanks to the kindness of Mr. Craig B. What do you think about it, Libby?

L: Well...where to start? Turnberry is absolutely fabulous. I never imagined staying in a condo in the heart of Las Vegas that is so nice. My favorite things about this place are 1. the master bathroom and 2. the master bed. Holy smoker! The bathroom is the size of my bedroom with a jetted tub that could hold four people comfortably. There is also enough walking space in there that I could have my own fashion show everyday with enough mirrors to make sure every angle of my outfit was perfect. I know it sounds amazing but the bed is even better. We had the privilege of staying in December and that is when I discovered the bed of my dreams. I don't sleep very well but I had no problem drifting off in a bed made of clouds. When I woke up in the morning I thought I was dead because I was so incredibly comfortable. So as you can see, I LOVE TURNBERRY!!!

The real adventures began as we pulled into the Freemont Street Experiene. Take it away Josh...

J: Ah, there is nothing like walking around a bunch of drunk smokers. We eventually found a Tony Romas for dinner. Our waitress reminded us of the funny larger nun in Sister Act. Good times. I was glad to find out that my car was untouched (I parked on the street in a scary neighborhood.)

Oh, and I forgot to mention that we had a great time at the Young Ambassador's show. The second half was all broadway, and they really came through with great performances. Special J&L awards go to Stacia, Jared, Melinda, and the one amazing girl who's name I can't remember.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I wish I could have come!! Hope you guys are having a great time!